Facility & Location Information
Welcome to the All-America City and Capitol of New York State. There is a lot to do in this area. Why not spend some time before and after Albacon and make a vacation of it!
This is a list of events that happened before, after, or during Albacon 2004 that you may find interesting. Albacon and LASTSFA present no agreements, ties, or implied endorsements with these events. They are presented to assist you in planning. We will update this with the 2005 events mid-summer 2005.
- NYS Museum. Multiple exhibits including "Emergency Medical Services in New York: Help Is Here". October is Archaelogy Month. 518-474-1354 or More Info . . .
- Albany Aqua Duck Tours. Standard runs in the morning and afternoon with one run each on Saturday and Sunday. Check site or call for schedule. $2 to $20 depending on age. Tour albany from the land for the first half of the tour and then into the river you go for a tour of the shoreline and additional sights. All in the same vehicle! Runs May through October. 518-462-DUCK or More Info . . .
- Empire State Plaza Art Collection, Empire State Plaza and Concourse. Art on display from Oli Sihvonen, Claes Oldenburg, Theodoros Stamos, Raymond Parker, Alexander Calder, and many more. More Info . . .
- 10/02/2004 Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia, 11:00am, Empire State Plaza - The Egg. Performances of "Guess How Much I Love You" and "I Love My Little Storybook". Recommended for ages 3 - 6. $6 (Child). $8 (Adult). 518-473-1845 or More Info . . .
- 10/02/2004 Race for the Cure, Empire State Plaza Outdoor Plaza. More Info . . .
- 10/02/2004 Lizz Wright, 8:00pm, Empire State Plaza - The Egg. Jazz Performance. $22. 518-473-1845 or More Info . . .
- 10/03/2004 Music from India, 7:00pm, Empire State Plaza - The Egg. Performances by multiple musicians in cooperation with Tri-City India Association. $24. 518-473-1845 or More Info . . .
- 10/05/2004 - 10/07/2004 Empire State Hobby & Crafts Fair, Empire State Plaza North Concourse. More Info . . .
- 10/07/2004 Oktoberfest, 10:00am - 2:00pm, Empire State Plaza South Concourse. German food and beverages with entertainment by "Big Wally". More Info . . .
- 10/07/2004 The Bad Plus, 7:00pm, Empire State Plaza - The Egg. Performance of the Jazz Trio of Anderson, Iverson, and King. $24. 518-473-1845 or More Info . . .
- 10/13/2004 SEFA Fair, Empire State Plaza North Concourse. More Info . . .
- 10/13/2004 - 10/15/2004 Book Fair, Empire State Plaza South Concourse. More Info . . .
- 10/15/2004 - 10/16/2004 UNIVERSES: SLANGUAGE, 8:00pm, Empire State Plaza - The Egg. Performances that explore language as it evolves through experience. Includes adult material. Directed by Jo Bonney. $18. 518-473-1845 or More Info . . .
- Fall Weekends. Santa's Workshop. North Pole, NY. Located on Whiteface Mountain. A bit far from the convention, but a neat stop if you have kids. 518-946-2211 or More Info . . .
Guests of Honor *
Advertising Rates *
Full Page Ad *
Half Page Ad *
Facilities Information *
PR #0 *
Religious Services *
Art Show *
This page last updated September 20, 2005 2:10 PM.